Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Personal files: My sister's upcoming wedding

Between our new restaurant, work and blogging I'm also starting to spend some time planning outfits for my little sister's (lets call her Ms. S) upcoming wedding in December. Over the next few months I'll give you guys a peek at some of the pieces I'm selecting for me and Ms. S and then during the wedding celebrations if time permits I'm going to get behind the lens to capture the gorgeous Ms. S and share some snapshots with you guys. Just like a typical Indian wedding the pre-celebrations will go on for a few days leading up to the D-day so but of course a whole plethora of outfits is required . I've decided to mix it up and will be going for a range of ensembles which include a couple of floor length gowns for the cocktail parties which I'm going to accessorise with some Indian jewellery (a la Sonam Kapoor!), a sari, a lehenga and a selection of stylish but comfy churidaar suits that I'm going to team with bright parandis! Here's a look at the two gowns I've picked up, both by Notte by Marchesa which I grabbed at an absolute steal when Neiman Marcus went on sale. I love Notte by Marchesa and whilst both these pieces are not from the current range they are both timeless. You will recognise one of these gowns as it has been seen on Preity Zinta on a couple of ocassions.

source

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

7 comments:

Monika said...

Wow......I am going to love this wedding series. Both gowns are pretty.
Parandis? Really? That's going to be so authentic & pretty. Even though I am a Punjabi, I've never worn one myself!

chicbollywood said...

Thanks Monika - look out for more updates and heaps of photos in December :)

♥akisa♥ said...

How exciting!! Can't wait to see more~

chicbollywood said...

haha thanks - perhaps I can come to you for makeup tips :p

Unknown said...

The black gown is so you! :) :) Even the hot pink is nice... ... you can just get back and squeeze them in on different occasions :P, what say?

Bollywood Blogger said...

Gorgeous! Which gown are you going to wear? What have you picked for your sister?

chicbollywood said...

Hi BB! Going for the black and gold for the cocktails. Sis has picked up a Manav Gangwani lehenga which I'm yet to see but will put some photos up in early Dec when I'm there. We're also shopping for a dress for her hen's night currently :)